You can return a rented book on Amazon by going to your Orders, finding the rented book, and selecting Return for a full refund.
Checkout this video:
If you’ve decided that you’re done reading a rented book from Amazon, it’s time to return it. Here’s how to do it.
What You’ll Need
In order to return a rented book on Amazon, you’ll need the following:
-Your Amazon account information
-The order number for the rental
-The email address associated with the rental
-A credit or debit card
If you have any questions about returning your rented book, feel free to contact customer service.
How to Return a Rented Book on Amazon
If you’re not happy with a rental book from Amazon, you can return it using the following steps. Keep in mind that you only have 30 days to return a book after renting it.
1. Find the order in Your Rentals.
2. Select Return rental to print a return mailing label.
3. Pack up the rental and attach the label to the box. Then, just drop it off at a UPS location.
4. When we receive your returned rental, we’ll process your refund and send you an email confirmation.
-If the rental is due soon, you can extend your rental period from your Amazon account by going to the “Manage Your Rental” page.
-To return a rental, go to the “Manage Your Rental” page and print out the return mailing label. Pack the items in their original condition and packaging, attach the label to the package, and drop it off at a UPS location.
Here are the easy steps to return a rented book on Amazon:
1. Go to Amazon.com and sign in to your account.
2. Hover over the Accounts & Lists tab and click on Your Orders.
3. Find the order for the rental book you want to return and click the Return Item(s) button.
4. Select the reason for return from the drop-down menu and click Continue.
5. Click Confirm Return to complete the process.
How to Return a Rented Kindle Book on Amazon
If you’re finished with your rental and don’t want to extend it, you can return your Kindle book early. To do so:
1. Go to Amazon.com and log in to your account.
2. Hover overAccounts & Lists and select Your Kindle Library.
3. Find the rented book that you’d like to return and select .
4. Select Return for a refund of your rental fee.
5. Confirm that you’d like to return the book by selecting Yes, return this title.
6. The book will be returned to the owner and you’ll receive a refund for your rental fee shortly thereafter.
How to Return a Rented Audible Book on Amazon
If you need to return a rented book on Amazon, follow these steps:
1. Go to www.amazon.com/mycd and sign in with your Amazon account information.
2. Click on the “Rented Books” link on the left-hand side of the screen.
3. Find the book you want to return under the “Current rentals” heading and click on the “Return rental” button next to it.
4. Select the reason you are returning the book from the drop-down menu and click on the “Continue” button.
5. Choose whether you want to receive a refund or credit for your rental and click on the “Continue” button again.
6. Enter your billing information and click on the “Place your order” button.
You will have 14 days from the time you initiate the return to send the book back to Amazon using their free shipping label. If you do not return the book within that time frame, you will be charged for the full price of the book plus any applicable taxes and fees.
How to Return a Rented Textbook on Amazon
If you need to return a rented textbook for any reason, Amazon makes it easy. Here’s how:
1. Log into your Amazon account and go to Your Orders.
2. Find the order for the rental textbook you want to return and select Return options next to it.
3. Select the reason for return from the drop-down menu.
4. Select Continue to checkout and then Return rental now.
5. Print out the shipping label Amazon provides and affix it to the box containing the textbook. Be sure to remove any old labels or barcodes from the box.
6. Drop off the package at a UPS location or schedule a pickup if you have UPS service at your home or office.
How to Return a Rented eBook on Amazon
If you’re finished with your rental and it’s still within the original rental period, you can return it early. Just go to Your Account and select the Return for a refund link next to the item. You’ll have 14 days from the time you receive your book to return it for a full refund. If you don’t return the book within that time frame, your credit card will be automatically charged for the purchase price of the book.
How to Return a Rented Amazon Prime Book
If you’re not happy with a book you rented from Amazon, you can return it using the same process whether you rented it using the Kindle app or from a physical Kindle device. Here’s how to do it.